First and foremost, I am a construction engineer by way of ground-up, grass-roots experience.
Having obtained a Civil Engineering degree, my career consisted of increasingly responsible field and field office construction engineering practice, field construction supervision, and construction contract management practice.
My 40-plus year career in construction as a
- General contractor’s at-will employee,
- Government construction company start-up, ownership and operation; and
- Construction claims consultant
gives me a unique set of skills and a perspective that no other construction claims expert can offer.
I have identified no competitor, nor any competitor’s staff member, who has ever been a surety-bonded prime contractor and done that from a cold start-up, not to mention the same for anyone who has ever been
- A surety-bonded federal government contractor;
- And (as every surety-bonded contractor except the mega-financed must do) placed his and his spouse’s entire financial assets at risk to a surety in order to secure a bond line;
- Or, for example, had to negotiate with a bank for a loan extension to meet a construction job payroll – because of owner-ordered extra work that was NOT his responsibility.
As you can see, I have been where you are, and have learned how to achieve successful construction claims dispute resolution. Let me put my expertise to work for you today.